FEATURES OF TRUGUT
- Causes minimal tissue reaction
- High collagen purity
- Accurate polishing ensures smooth tissue passage.
- Packed in IPA to retain memory and increase pliability.
- Uniform twist spread along the suture length and controlled drying provide high tensile strength
- Trupass coated needle for easy penetration and extended smoothness
Trugut is available in Plain Catgut (Yellow) and Chromic Catgut (Brown). Chromic Catgut, due to its chrome content, is absorbed by within 90 – 120 days.
- For general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation
Our Catgut Sutures are made from longitudinally slitting the intestinal submucosa of sheep and goat followed by a process of twisting and polishing giving the sutures a monofilament finish. The uniform chrome content in Trugut Chromic provides required wound support and absorption. It retains about 50% of the initial tensile strength after 21 – 28 days of implantation and is absorbed by body tissue within 90 – 120 days. Plain catgut initial tensile strength is lost within 15- 18 days and is absorbed completely in 60- 90 days. Catgut sutures tend to absorb faster in infected tissues.
- Absorbable sterile surgical suture
- Available in Plain Catgut (Yellow) and Chromic Catgut (Brown).
- Non-adhering and biologically inert
- Sterilized by ethylene oxide
- Shelf life of 5 years
- USP sizes available: 5-0 to 2.
- Suture length without needle: 152 cm, 2×76 cm
- Suture length with needle: from 76 cm to 152 cm
- Needle lengths: 12 mm to 65 mm across all needle profiles